«Fight each round take it on the chin. And never never never ever give in.» Olivia Newton-john in her song, “Why Me”, a tribute to her battle with breast cancer.
One cancer survivor said, “Hope is living with courage and confidence, not fear.”
Cancer is a terrible disease. It sadly affects the victims not only physically, but also mentally and psychologically. Knowing that you might die soon can be devastating and immensely discouraging. It’s one of the worst diagnoses of our times and sometimes, giving hope to the affected individuals helps them cope with the hardships and come to term with their situation.
Some experts believe brain power may not only ease mental trauma but also stop diseased cells spreading.
If a close friend or a family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer, it can be hard to find the right words to say. Even though it’s not easy to find the right words, not saying anything at all can be hurtful to the patient. It’s therefore always important to give a few encouraging words, no matter how minor they might seem as you might just give the person the strength they need to cope.
Benefits of Positive Message for Cancer Patients
Apart from giving them hope, there are so many benefits of sending/giving positive messages to mesothelioma cancer patients.
- Positive message basically allows the patient to come to term with his/her situation in a way that works for the individual.
- Positive message helps cancer patients have a positive attitude, which is crucial in fighting the disease. The state of mind of the patient can make a huge difference in their ability to survive.
Having a clear mind and positive outlook can help the treatment process. One of the biggest obstacles when dealing with a dangerous diseases is high stress levels.
- Expectations are powerful. Giving hope to the patient is usually enough to give them the courage to fight another day.
- Positive belief, love, and support go beyond healing. When you instill some positivity in your cancer patient, you’re helping them really believe in getting well.
- Giving positive messages to an ill patient lets them know they can count on you. Most cancer patients just want to hear that there are not all alone and that someone will always be there for them through their journey.
Examples of Positive Messages for Cancer Patients
If the right words are yet to ring your mind, check out these incredible examples of positive messages for your cancer-stricken loved one.
- “Remember, you are not dying from cancer, you’re just living with it.”
- “I’m here for you. How can I help? What can I do for you?”
- “I do not know how you feel right now or what to say but know that I will always be there for you.”
- “I’ll always keep you in my prayers.”
- “Just wanted to let you know how much I care about you.”
- “Don’t worry. Things will get much easier for you.”
- “If you ever feel the need to talk to someone, I am here to listen.”
Both doctors and psychotherapists have been aware for a long time of the close connections between mind and body, often observing that patients with ‘fighting spirit’ do better that those who give in to their illness.
No one really understands the impact positivity has on patients. An optimistic attitude has been found to work wonders for cancer patients’ recovery.
Therefore, it’s always important to encourage cancer patients as it will not only help them feel better physically, but also mentally and psychologically- not to mention give them hope for a better tomorrow.